Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Kitchen Garden Sprouts

Operation Kitchen Garden..Day 6: We have lift off!


Eight of the little seed pods have sprouted. Only the dill and the rosemary remain reticent. Correction: one tiny bud has appeared in the dill pods, but I believe it is a rogue sprout from the neighboring cilantro pods. It looks suspiciously like the buds next door. Perhaps it is a spy doing reconnaissance for greener pastures for its fellow cilantro sprouts. Is the cilantro plotting a coup? Testing a strategy to expand its territorial borders?


What to do next? Should I tip the greenhouse lid? Should I water? The temptation to meddle is palpable. And there is a fine line between nurture and nagging. Just ask my kids.

No. I shall resist the urge to tamper with nature. At least for another day....

The Kitchen Garden Novice

1 comment:

  1. I believe you may have a spy in your midst. Keep a close eye out for assassination attempts!

    ReplyDelete